Area rugs made by hand are stunning complements to any home, workplace, or another setting. A hand-tufted area rug may genuinely be described as a one-of-a-kind work of art. To begin, it’s vital to understand that hand-knotted area rugs are more expensive than polyester and machine-made carpets. With that said, there are a variety of advantages that make the cost of an excellent handmade exotic rug worthwhile. We shall know more about the same in the coming sections of this article. Before we jump onto that, let us take a brief look into how is the hand-tufted carpet made?
How are Hand Tufted Carpets made?
This method of production is thought to be the quickest way to make a rug by hand. Manufacturers may use this technology to create a wide range of carpets, including modern, futuristic, and classic designs.
Wool is often regarded as the most desirable substance for this sort of construction. Other materials such as acrylic, polyester, viscose are also used widely.
Instead of knots, these rugs are made with a loop of yarn that is taken out of the rug’s backing. A unique ‘tufting gun’ is utilized during the whole tufting procedure, which is the primary reason for the lower cost of these carpets. The production process requires less manpower.
A canvas backing is also included in the production process, which helps the weaver by providing direction during the weaving process. The weaving process is aided by the pattern impressions on the backing. The canvas is known as a ‘cartoon.’ Once the weaver is pressing the loops through, this is a big aid in getting equal shapes and patterns.
The carpet is shredded and the loops are clipped after the backing process, which will transfer into the fibers. When contrasted to hand-knotted carpets, they take far less effort while maintaining the required aesthetic.
With this, it is now time, to begin with knowing why are hand-tufted carpets a good option for you?
Qualities in a Hand-Tufted carpet
- Experience world-class workmanship- Superior craftsmanship is perhaps the most essential benefit of a handmade rug, the feature that distinguishes this form of floor covering from the others. Handwoven rugs are unrivaled in terms of quality and longevity. A hand-knotted area rug is, by definition, handcrafted. A devoted and meticulous craftsman might have spent up to a year on a single rug. When it comes to cheaper versions of this sort of rug, it’s possible that a team of artisans worked on it for months. A hand-knotted area rug is not only a piece of beauty but also an object meant to last the test of time, thanks to personal passion and sincerity.
- Durability with hand-tufted rugs is a plus- When it comes to enduring the test of time, handcrafted oriental rugs and contemporary rugs are widely regarded as the most durable types of carpets available. Adhesives or glue of any type is not used in hand-knotted carpets. As a result, unlike machine-made area rugs, they are washable and resistant to deterioration. Because it contains no chemicals, a hand-knotted area rug may be properly cleaned. Handmade carpets, unlike machine-made rugs, are not vulnerable to deterioration due to the organic materials utilized. Because of the way a handmade rug is created, it can survive intense usage and traffic for many years while still appearing unique.
- It is a meaningful investment- Hand woven carpets are, sadly, a disappearing art form. With each successive year, the number of artists who make these magnificent pieces of art decreases. This fact, together with the other advantages of hand-woven carpets, makes them an excellent investment. A hand-knotted area rug frequently appreciates in value. This boost in value might happen as soon as the rug is finished. You might even consider acquiring a hand-knotted area rug and storing it in a safe and secure location if you are so inclined. You don’t have to use it. You may be almost certain of making a purchase in what is genuinely a work of art that will appreciate if you use this strategy.
- It is toxin-free and environment friendly- If you’re like a large portion of the public, you’ve grown more conscious of the need of avoiding hazardous chemicals and poisons. Buying a handmade rug will help you achieve this goal. These carpets are chemical and toxin-free, and they symbolize something that you can bring into your house or any other area without worrying about your or others’ health. Furthermore, oriental and classic hand-knotted carpets have a low environmental effect.
The ecology is not harmed by the manufacturing of a hand-knotted area rug because of traditional practices such as hand-knotting and souring organic materials. A rug is thoroughly cleaned before being packed for delivery to remove any unwelcome contaminants and smells. This method, or any stage of the manufacturing of a hand-knotted rug, uses no pollutants.
5. It is a piece to flatter your room- Who doesn’t want their surroundings to look pleasing enough. Adding a hand-tufted carpet can do the needful while giving out elegant vibes and aura to you and the guests that arrive. The timeless designs and patterns set on carpets are ready to serve your taste of style and aesthetic just the right way.
While keeping the above benefits and advantages of hand-tufted carpets, it is thus expected of the readers to invest in buying one for themselves, to adore their workspaces and house interiors.